Monday, August 24, 2015

Blog Post 0

     I use technology daily through the use of my laptop, smartphone, and tablet. Technology is an important part of my life because it assists me not only with school work, but day to day activities as well. The use of the internet helps me to study and research for school projects; while Microsoft Word plays an important part in converting my information into projects and documents. My phone assists me daily on smaller issues, such as when I have to quickly look up movie times or find directions in order to go somewhere. I use my tablet for recreational use when I simply want to watch television online or use the internet recreationally.
     I enrolled in this class because I hope to better understand computers once the semester has finished. Computers are an important part of daily life and I would like to be independent when it comes to using them. To understand the computer better also means to be more efficient. I will be able to save time when I am working because I will no longer have to guess about functions or look up how to do something when I am working. Not only will I be able to use computers better, but I will have a better understanding of the internet and social media and how I can utilize them for myself both personally and professionally.
     I learned that I have an active learning style, which means that I learn better by doing, rather than discussing. To fully understand a concept, I have to go through the motions before I can grasp the idea. I am also an intuitive learner, which shows that I comprehend abstract thoughts and theories better than straight-forward formulas or equations. Intuitive learners quickly get bored with repetition and mundane explanation. I also fell under the category of visual learning, which I already knew about myself. I have always learned best by seeing diagrams, pictures, examples, etc. Seeing the topic helps me to understand it faster and more completely than only reading or discussing it. I was categorized as either moderate or well balanced on each learning style scale except for visual learning. I scored an 11 on the visual learning scale which shows my strong preference for visuals. My last learning style was sequential; this means that I must learn concepts step by step before I can understand the "big picture." I cannot quickly understand a whole theme or theory, but I must go at it in steps.




1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth- Great post! Again, I'm sorry you had so much trouble with the photo... hopefully, we can get that fixed. It sounds like you have a lot of access to technology. This class will help you learn how to better use it and also teach you some new things, too! I feel that you have a clear understanding of who you are as a learner and it seems that the questionnaire really helped to reinforce it.

    ReplyDelete